Music Instructional Frameworks
Georgia Standards of Excellence for Music
The Georgia Standards of Excellence have been created and approved in Music. Statewide adoption begins in 2019 - 2020 school year.
Georgia Standards of Excellence in Music
Music Crosswalk from GPS to GSE
K-12 Crosswalk for Music
Individual Grade Level Resources will be developed in 2020
Types of Instructional Frameworks
The Instructional Frameworks for each subject area are found on each subject areas page and provide one way that teachers, schools, and districts might organize and teach the Georgia Standards of Excellence (GSE) within units.
• Curriculum Map - sample organization structure for each course
• Sample Units - sample essential questions, instructional activities, and projects for units in the curriculum map.
• Lesson Plans – sample projects, assessments, essential questions, and instructional activities including a classroom ready power point.
• Tutorial Videos – created to provide the teacher with specific technical skills and best practices in an art form. Examples include casting, graphite reduction drawing, and creating a path in Illustrator. Also includes instruction on how to set up an age appropriate art room, run a kiln, and organize displays or schoolwide art show.
Grades K-5 (Projected 2020 Development)
• Grade Kindergarten
• Grade 1
• Grade 2
• Grade 3
• Grade 4
• Grade 5
Grades 6-8 (Projected 2020 Development)
• Grade 6
• Grade 7
• Grade 8
Grades 9-12 (Projected 2020 Development)
• Band I
• Chorus I
• Orchestra I
• Music Theory I
• Foundations of the Music Industry I