Media Arts Instructional Frameworks
Georgia Standards of Excellence for Media Arts
The Georgia Standards of Excellence have been created and approved in Media Arts. Statewide adoption begins in 2018 - 2019 school year.
Georgia Standards of Excellence in Media Arts
Georgia Standards of Excellence in Media Arts for Music
Georgia Standards of Excellence in Media Arts for Theatre
Georgia Standards of Excellence in Media Arts for Dance
Individual Grade Level Resources
Types of Instructional Frameworks
The Instructional Frameworks for each subject area are found on each subject areas page and provide one way that teachers, schools, and districts might organize and teach the Georgia Standards of Excellence (GSE) within units.
• Curriculum Map - sample organization structure for each course
• Sample Units - sample essential questions, instructional activities, and projects for units in the curriculum map.
• Lesson Plans – sample projects, assessments, essential questions, and instructional activities including a classroom ready power point.
• Tutorial Videos – created to provide the teacher with specific technical skills and best practices in an art form. Examples include casting, graphite reduction drawing, and creating a path in Illustrator. Also includes instruction on how to set up an age appropriate art room, run a kiln, and organize displays or schoolwide art show.
Grades K-5 (Projected 2020 Development)
• Grade Kindergarten
• Grade 1
• Grade 2
• Grade 3
• Grade 4
• Grade 5
Grades 6-8 (Projected 2020 Development)
• Grade 6
• Grade 7
• Grade 8
Grades 9-12 (Projected 2020 Development)
• Media Arts I
• Media Arts for Dramatic Arts I
• Media Arts for Music I
• Media Arts for Dance I